Friday, July 23, 2010

Sneak peak

Our internet connection here outside the Grand Canyon is a little less than wonderful. It just took me forEVER to even log in, let alone try to upload pictures. So the best I can do is a sneak peak for now.

We left Richfield nice and early this morning, anticipating a looong day. It was worth it, though, since a couple hours of our trip were taken up by a stop at Bryce Canyon National Park.

Wow.

It was amazing! Totally worth not getting here until about 12 hours after we started this morning, the sunburn I got on my arms and chest, and even the cranky baby!

I'm going to keep this short since our connection IS so slow. I'll just say that Bryce was incredible. The drive here was amazing and the gasp I let out when I got my first view of the Grand Canyon scared the poop out of the baby (yep, uncontrollable, inconsolable screaming ensued...oops!). Somehow I'll manage to figure out which pictures I want to share over the next couple days and maybe find a better wi-fi connection so I can actually upload them.

We're happy to be set up at the Grand Hotel just outside the south entrance to Grand Canyon National Park... and even happier to be here for two nights in a row! What we're not happy about is Arizona deciding they're too good for daylight savings time. Thanks, Arizona, we didn't REALLY want to stay in the same time zone for so many days in a row anyway!

So here's that sneak peak from Bryce. I picked this one because it showed some of the really cool formations. More to come as soon as I can! Plus, Grand Canyon!!!


No comments: