Friday, September 4, 2009

Sometimes it's not about the baby

I would love to offer up a picture-filled and witty post about the latest and greatest adventures in the life of Michaela.

But, last night Jason and I had a combined total of sleep less than what is recommended for a normal adult, so my wit and patience for uploading pictures are a little limited.

Instead, I'll just share a little piece of Kodiak beauty. This is what I saw out the front window about an hour ago... and I promptly ran outside to catch it with the camera, leaving Jason inside with a screaming baby. Heh.

Anyway, this is the product of a sunset just 20-ish minutes before moonrise (plus a 500mm zoom lens and a little cropping/zooming on the computer). Enjoy!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Becca, It was nice to meet you and Jason today at the commissary... in person. I know exactly how you feel about the lack of sleep. I'm going to have to go check out that moon!

C Anderson said...

Loved the photo. The amazing orb was a great way to start the holiday weekend. I have to admit, after seeing this at the equator, I was shocked at how BIG it was in Kodiak, you know?

Zoya said...

Wow! Impressive moon shot! That rocks.

Hang in there, Becca and Jason. You guys are awesome parents! Sleep deprivation is the PITS. :(

:) Zoya