Thursday, September 10, 2009

Back to your regularly scheduled program....

And we're back to baby stuff.


Mom/Mary requested some video of Michaela. We've taken some lately, but nothing really worth sharing. And then within the last couple days, she took on a new activity, so we have something worth sharing now.


Right before I sat down to write this blog, Jason called me upstairs, where we watched our daughter struggling and getting frustrated as she attempted to roll over from her back to her tummy. She obviously hasn't gotten the memo that you're supposed to go the other way first (tummy to back) because she is bound and determined to roll over. Unfortunately, all she managed to do tonight was spin herself around so that her head turned toward the foot of the crib and her feet were at the head. I tried to get some video of that in the night mode of our point and shoot camera, but the battery died right after I turned in on, so you'll have to settle for the stuff I took earlier with the Flip.


We'll get to that...


In other major news, she's 8 weeks old today (HOW did that happen?!?!) and has now gone to three half days of daycare. I only cried the first day, and I managed to stop the periodic crying most of the way through lunch with Jason. Before that first day, there were days I would get so frustrated with her when I couldn't seem to get her to stop crying no matter what I did, and I thought I couldn't wait til I could get a break! Now, after three half days, and my return to work looming in the very near (MONDAY!) future, all I can think is, "HOW am I going to be away from her all day!?! I'm going to miss everything!!" Luckily, I'll get to go to the CDC (Child Development Center) once a day to nurse her, so we'll have a little time during the day, but it's definitely not going to be the same! She'll thrive there, though, with lots of one-on-one time since there are soon to be only two babies in the infant room. That makes me happy - if she has to be in daycare, at least she's getting the same time I'd be giving her!


Michaela recently had her 8 week well-baby check a little early, too. She had it right around 6 weeks because we had paper work to fill out for the CDC. I've been concerned about how much she spits up, and wondered if she was keeping enough food down. I didn't need to worry at all! At 6 weeks, she was 10lbs, 14oz and 22.5 inches long, which was a full two+ pounds more than her birth weight, and a full inch longer than her birth height! And today, we took the infant insert out of her carseat! This girl is growing like a weed!


So that's the big stuff in baby news. I still need to put together a blog about the Reidy grandparents meeting their second grand child. But, we're having a big party at the house tomorrow night - our wetting down to celebrate our promotions this summer - so I have to get through that first, and then I'll get back to the blog.


Meanwhile, in non-baby news, I have a "job" coming up that I have a lot of work to do for as well. A friend of mine, who owns a souvenir-type shop here in town has asked if I would sell some of my Kodiak photography on consignment in her shop. So I now need to go through two years of pictures and find the ones I think would sell the best! I'm pretty flattered that she asked me to provide her shop with something that she thinks it's been missing... but I'm also nervous that no one will like them and buy them! So, wish me luck on that front!


Finally, what everyone has read this whole blog to get to... the video from earlier tonight that I talked about a million paragraphs ago. Here's Michaela getting a little exercise and trying valiantly to roll over!


5 comments:

Mom(Mary)(Grandma) said...

I can't believe she's 8 weeks old already. Looks like she'll be over any second.I miss her so much.Can't wait to give her a kiss. Give Michaela an extra one from Grandma.

Abbie said...

She is so cute! Definitely determined to get over there! She was looking at the camera like "watch this Mom and Dad!" --- Can't wait to meet her again tonight!

C Anderson said...

The commentary sounds like an Olypmic Gymnastics Meet: Vault Coverage. "Gotta stick the landing, Michaela!"

Lisa F said...

she is so cute! So glad I got to meet her in person too! Adorable!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god....that video is marvelous..she is so adorable...Keep up the good work on the pictures..

Love Ya...
Mr & Mrs. A......