Monday, June 8, 2009

Kodiak is green again!

The only real reason I'm blogging tonight is because Mom shamed me into a new bump picture by writing on my Facebook wall today. Nothing like guilt by technology!!


But, since she caught me before I headed out on a walk with the dog today, I figured I'd take the camera with me, and capture some of Kodiak's newly green (and flowered) glory. Fred and I headed out to Spruce Cape, and took about an hour to wander around the trail, taking pictures and just walking REEEEEALLLLLY slowly, since my two speeds are slow and stop these days.


I really don't have much to say... things have been going along without any real excitement. We finally saw the sun again on Friday, and it's stayed out since then, which is a VERY welcome change. It had been a little over two weeks of mostly rain with just a few breaks in the clouds up until then, so you can imagine the pure JOY in seeing the sun again! We also had nice warm temperatures this weekend - it actually got up to 86 degrees on my deck yesterday afternoon. The actual temp was only about 65 or so (if that), but it was nice and toasty in the sun! I even put on shorts... I think the first time I've worn shorts in Kodiak since we've been here (not counting work out shorts at the gym!). Crazy!

Anyway, besides the weather, there's really nothing new going on. Jason should be back from his final week at Man Camp this weekend, which I'm looking forward to (and not just because we still have a LOT to do around here before Green's arrival). Hopefully the nice weather will stick around for him since he's missed all our best days so far this spring.


With nothing else really to share, I'll just make the rest of this about pictures. Enjoy!
Here's a sun-lit salmonberry flower. I'm so excited to see the blooms already - it should mean a good salmonberry "crop" later this summer! YUM!


I probably should've looked up what these are. So I'll just call them white flowers. Ha!


Look at all that green! And lots of flowers, too. More of those white ones, along with the beginnings of irises, wild geranium, chocolate lilies, and shooting stars.


Green leaves!! It's so funny how fast this happens here... one day, everything is brown and then the next it's all green. Love it!

Finally, this tree was a casualty of one of our brutal wind storms this winter. It's actually being held up by the other trees around it, and, if it falls, will block a good part of the path out to the end of Spruce Cape.

And now, what Mom's been waiting for... a different kind of Green!


BUMP WATCH 2009


Here I am in my 34w6d glory. Christina was nice enough to come over today and take a quick shot for me. I have definitley gotten bigger in the last two weeks. Jason's not going to recognize me when he gets home. At my doctor's appointment last week, I found out that her head is WAY down, so she's in the right position already. I have to "cook" her for at least one more week, but with no signs of labor at all yet - with the exception of the very random Braxton-Hicks every once in a while - I don't think we'll be seeing her any earlier than July. Some days I'm more than happy to wait as long as we can, and other days I'm beside myself with excitement and want to meet her as soon as possible! Then I remember that I'm not ready yet!!!!!!


Oh, and because Mom really wanted a bump picture, I figured I'd give you a view of what I see of my bump most of the time. :)

You'll note that there is no sign whatsoever of feet.

That's it for now! Hope all is well for everyone!
Becca

5 comments:

Mom(Mary) said...

Green and Mom have definitely grown.You're looking good.Thanks for the pictures.Soooo wish I was there with you. Love Mom

Lisa F said...

How cute! Love the baby bump - it's definitely all stomach though! Jealous of that - I seemed to grow in the rear too.....

Lisa F said...

Oh yeah - keep the sunshine around for August too! It rained for crab fest, should be a GREAT summer!

Anonymous said...

You sure do look great...and so does Green....I love when you take a walk because then I get to see those beautiful pictues... Hopefully..someday I will get to see it for real..

Love Ya,

Mr & Mrs A......

Abbie said...

Yep! That's my view too :-)

I'm so excited about the green-ness everywhere!

You look AWESOME!