Saturday, March 1, 2008

I'm an Aunt!

(And Jason's an Uncle!)

This is going to be a quick one because my dear brother in law apparently already has Daddy-brain and has neglected to take pictures, so I don't have any of those to share. But, I wanted to make sure I welcomed my new niece into the world!

Yesterday morning, Maryanne kindly woke me up just before my alarm went off for the first time at 6:10am our time. I probably wouldn't have answered the phone, but I saw it was her, and immediately got worried that something had gone wrong with Erin and the baby (I posted on the blog about our trip that she had gone into early labor, and was looking at bedrest for a while). Rather than the news being bad, though, the news was GREAT! Despite being on meds to try to keep her from going into labor, the baby decided she wanted to make her appearance anyway, and Erin had her early in the morning on 29Feb.

Luckily, they had given Erin steroids after the last scare, so the baby's lungs are developed enough, and she's doing pretty well. Jason got the chance to talk to Josh today from St. Paul, and Josh said she's still in an isolette, and probably won't be able to go home until at least Monday, if all goes well. Erin, on the other hand, will be cleared tomorrow, most likely, after her C-section. The baby was still about 5 weeks early, so she hadn't turned yet - I guess she was just anxious to see all the fabulous St. Thomas sun and sand!

So, welcome to the world Regan Vega!! (I really hope I'm spelling that right!) I can't wait to meet you!!! My little peanut of a niece weighed in at only 4 lbs and 7 oz, and was just 17 inches long! But, she's healthy and will hopefully start eating like a champ sooner than later. Josh said that's their big hurdle right now!

Congratulations, Josh and Erin!!! Your lives will never be the same!!

Now - let the spoiling commence!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Marge said...

Becca you couldn't have said it better, let the spoiling comence!! The boys will remember in the day that oh how we loved to spoil and be unique in the giving. I haven't filled that shoe in along time but my nephews have seem to have that tradition well in hand. Becca thank you for always sharing your's and Jason's life with us. I can't honestly tell you how much I love reading about you two and how you just embrace each new adventure together. Love to you and big hugs to Fred.............

Zach and Beth said...

Josh and Erin (since I'm sure you'll read this at some point), we are so thrilled for you. Becca is so excited. I'm sure J is too, but he's been gone so we haven't seen him yet. We'll keep praying for all three of you.