Sunday, June 3, 2007

The last night with immediate family...

So tonight I'm posting from Oswego, NY, our last stop to see family until we get to Nebraska. We spent last night in Scotia with Jason's mom and step-dad, and had another teary goodbye this morning. I'll be honest, I've had enough of those now, and would like to begin my happy-go-lucky vacation! It's just so tough to say good bye to everyone when we're not exactly sure when we'll make it back to the East Coast, or when they'll all make it up to us. After visiting with Jay's cousins today, though, I'm just hoping we get a chance to get to our new home before Matt (cousin) and Alex (cousin-in-law) get there. Something tells me we'll be seeing them sooner than later!!

Tomorrow we head toward Niagara Falls with a brief stop at the Bob Evans in Batavia to meet a online friend from my Coast Guard Spouse message boards. Pam and I tried to meet up last summer when we were up this way for Josh and Erin's wedding, and couldn't quite connect, so we'll have a quick cup of coffee or lunch before we make the rest of the trip to the Falls. Jason couldn't care less about Niagara Falls (growing up in Upstate NY = field trips and vacations there), but I've never seen them, so I'm excited! I'm sure I'll have pictures from there. I also have some exciting pictures from our trip up to Scotia, but Joe (Jason's Dad) doesn't have a USB drive on his computer, so they'll have to wait. Just picture Jason in the driver's seat and Fred crashed out on the back seat of the truck - there's the excitement!!

We love seeing everyone's comments, by the way, and we're glad everyone seems to be enjoying this! Now we have pressure to keep up with it, so stay tuned!
By the way -
Kim - glad you liked the gift, and we still owe you for Fred's last two visits - we'll send a check!!!

Next stop - Niagara Falls!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about teary goodbyes. I've had a few of those over the years with my family in Texas. I find that you have enough reunions over the years to make the tears go away. Enjoy your adventure to the fullest.

Nurse Tales said...

Have a great trip! DO NOT send me a check! Consider it a going away present from the kids at daycare!!!
Kim

Anonymous said...

It was so great to see you guys. We'll keep track of your travels and if you need travel help just call ha ha Although Becca has quite a travel book that has gained my upmost respect. Have fun we love you two!!! Maryanne & Jim

Anonymous said...

Hey Jay,
It's your turn to let us in on what you're doing.
Mary

Becca and Jason said...

Just Driving!!!! Becca said it all. We've had a great day. Both of us are beat and Fred is passed out on his bed after learning about elevators today. (That was a fun first for him.) Hopefully we'll be on the first floor form now on. All is well though and looking forward to Cedar point on Wed.

Jason