Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Boring day today.... fun starts tomorrow!

Today was just a day of driving, so nothing big to add. We had a short trip (about 4 hours-ish) from Niagara to Sandusky, OH. We planned it this way so we could have a fresh start to hit Cedar Point Amusement Park tomorrow. For those who aren't familiar with it, Cedar Point is one of the best places in the world for riding roller coasters - they have 17 of them! Needless to say, tomorrow should be fun!

Meanwhile, tonight is just a quiet night in Sandusky. I decided I didn't want to make any decisions tonight, so I told Jason to pick one of the millions of restaurants on the road our hotel is on. I'm sure it will come as a surprise to no one that he picked Outback. Figures. Oh well, it's not like we'll have access to one of those once we get to Kodiak!

So that's it for tonight, with the exception of sharing a few pictures from our walk back to Niagara Falls last night after dark. They light up the Falls every night, and it was just gorgeous. Thanks to my tripod and the night setting on my camera, I got some fantastic shots - and I had fun playing with the shutter speed and learning some things about my camera! So, enjoy, and we'll let you know how Cedar Point is. (Oh, and Jason says hi!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing pictures! Definitely need to see them in person in three years after our vacations to Alaska and Florida.
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow- your camera can do some amazing things. I can't wait to see pictures from out west!
Hi Jason!!
Have fun tomorrow,Love, Mom/Maryanne

Anonymous said...

Niagra Falls is so beautiful. Thanks for showing me. Love, Heather

Anonymous said...

It sure must be nice to be young! Well, I actually am but thats another story... Anyway, I used to work for Lorain Products in Lorain Ohio, and some of the people I met out there when I was on buisness had mentioned Cedar Point... I bet you guys had a great time... This Blog deal is the coolest thing for and old timer to view and communicate. Aunt Janice and I hope you guys have a wonderful experience on your journey cross country... Love Uncle Shawn

Anonymous said...

I'm finally getting around to sharing in your adventure (I hate it when work gets in the way of life). Great pics of the falls. I'm really enjoying reading about your trip. A little more of Jason's perspective would be nice. So, Becca, let him use the computer too.