Friday, May 25, 2007

Who says I can't do technology?

The friends and family want us to keep them up to speed on our big trip out to Kodiak this summer, and then I suppose we'll use this to let them know how things are going once we get there, too! So here I am, walking a step further into the 21st century - past posting on regular discussion boards and into my (ok, our) own blog!

Why FlyingFish? What better way to combine the two things we'll be doing in Kodiak than that? Jason will be flying, and I'll be heading up the fisheries training center. We're both incredibly excited about the opportunity to make Kodiak our home, but as the time here on the East Coast is winding down, reality is starting to set in and we're - or at least, I am - starting to get a little emotional about leaving everyone and everything we know.

We signed the paperwork for our new (first!) house today, though, and officially close next Wednesday. That in itself makes me want to go! I can't wait to start decorating! Here's the place we'll call home for at least the next three years!!



Stay tuned for all the cross-country fun you can imagine, and even more from our new home in the Great White North!

1 comment:

Zach and Beth said...

Oh, the trouble we are going to cause on Coho Circle!!! We can't wait for you guys to get here!!!