Thursday, May 31, 2007

Now it's all gone!

We now have 3 lawn chairs, a TV, the DVR (that I refuse to return until the last possible moment), a desk (that's being tossed on our way out), and an aerobed in our house. Oh, and the rest of the stuff we have to somehow get in the truck and trailer.... The rest of our wordly possessions are sitting in a warehouse in Peabody, MA, waiting to be loaded into their very own semi for the trek to Washington by truck, and then to Kodiak by barge.
To answer Beth's comment - We have 12 crates with a few boxes left over that wouldn't fill another crate so they won't make the trip in one. I'm a little concerned about the "parts box" being one of those, but the packer assured me that he'll personally see that one get on the big truck because if pieces are missing, he has to foot the bill to come to Kodiak and put our stuff together for us. When the packers got here Tuesday, they estimated 14 crates, and I thought they were crazy - I mean, really, how can two people have that much stuff.... But we do. I don't know where we're going to put it all in our basement-less house in Kodiak, but I guess we'll figure it out! Maybe I won't be parking my car in the garage!
I should be cleaning and getting ready to actually leave on time tomorrow, so I'm going to keep this short. Besides, Jason might get mad if he realizes I'm doing this instead of helping him!

Next stop - Connecticut!

4 comments:

Nurse Tales said...

I have to admit I almost drove to pick up Fred today! I have some pictures of him I will send to you. Not as nice as I had hoped, but still Fred! One is with little Daisy! Too cute!
Have a great and safe trip.
All the dogs send woofs and kisses to Fred!
Kim, Sam and Daisy

Anonymous said...

Well you are on your way. We will all miss you. Keep the updates coming. Yes I got my hat. Thank you.

Sash

Nurse Tales said...

Thank you! Thank you!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Becca and Jason,
We will miss you both. I love the updates and will keep checking for new ones.
Love you always
Shannon, Ben, Little Ben, and Nolan