Thursday, May 20, 2010

M is for....

.... MOOSE! (and you thought I was going to say Michaela, right?)

No, I still haven't seen a moose, though I have high hopes of finally getting to see one when we get to the mainland at the start of our cross-country trip this summer.

The moose I'm talking about is the kind that's neatly packaged in our freezer.

In anticipation of the move, we're trying to finally eat at least SOME of the stuff we've got in there. We're planning to have someone ship whatever is left to us once we get to Mobile, but, in the meantime we need to eat some of it or we'll spend half our moving money to get it to us. So this past week, we dug into the moose.

And our little Alaska girl - the one who had Daddy-caught salmon as her first meat - couldn't get enough of it. Granted, it was moose disguised as smoked sausage (and later hotdog), but she still absolutely loved it! Add that to halibut and salmon as some of her favorite proteins. Yep, Alaska girl!
(I know it's hard to see, but the little nugget she's getting ready to pick up is, in fact, moose sausage.)

In other food news, I finally let go of my Type-A-ness for a few minutes and let her just pick up some noodles with marinara instead of trying to feed them to her. In a nod to the Italian part of her heritage, she definitely had no problem with that. She LOVED it!

And, finally, making this post about Michaela, yet again, this picture just cracks me up. No, she does not put herself in there, but, yes, she likes it. And the bonus is that I can keep her contained for a few minutes. Now that she's mobile - wait, did I tell you she's mobile? Yep, crawling like a champ... even tackled the stairs the other day - keeping her contained for a few minutes is a nice thing to be able to do.

I think I said something in my last post about trying to keep up with the blog better. Ha. That's funny since it's been over 2 weeks again. In my defense, though, I finally got around to planning our cross-country trip and that kept me busy for quite a while. I'll tell you all about it in my next post. We're not sure whether to be excited or scared to death about our 19-day adventure beginning in Kodiak and ending in Mobile, with about 4500 miles of driving in between!

1 comment:

Mom(Mary)(Grandma) said...

Love The Happy Happy Baby! Love To You All