Friday, May 28, 2010

First word... I think

I'm pretty sure Michaela said her first word today (or maybe it was yesterday... the days are running together).

I think Jason would like to think her first word was Dada since, lately, when I ask her to say, "Mama," she just looks right at me and says, "Da-Da," instead. That's an awesome ego boost for me, in case you wondered. But, although she can say "Dada" she doesn't actually use it in reference to her father. So I'm saying it's NOT her first word.

However, in the past day or so, she HAS said "Hi." (that's with a period, not an exclamation point) in the correct context. And I have to tell you, it's the cutest little sound in the world! It should come as no surprise that "hi" would be her first word, though, since her very favorite thing to do is wave hello to everyone she sees. She's been waving hello for a couple months now, and only recently figured out you do the same thing to say good bye as well.

So, I'm calling it - "Hi" is Michaela's first word, spoken a handful of times today, May 28th, 2010. Time to write that down on the calendar!

2 comments:

Lisa F said...

Abby used to do that at the DMV - she would wave and say hi. to everyone who came in.

YIPPEE for her first word!!!

Mom(Mary)(Grandma) said...

Hi Michaela!