Monday, February 4, 2008

We're alive...

... we made it home from our 2 week+ East Coast jaunt, but I'm pretty sure I'm still too tired to put the effort into a recap and update. Needless to say, driving all around the greater Northeast, seeing ALLLLLL of our families, shopping our feet off, and eating like fools was wonderful and tiring all at the same time! From lost luggage (for real, Jim!) to an extra night in Anchorage (who doesn't like an extra day of vacation, right?), the trip was sandwiched by crappy air travel, but it was all worth it in the end.
For now, I'll say it was fantastic to see everyone - we miss you all already! - and I'll come up with a proper post sometime in the next few days, complete with pictures and all that. I'll also say that, as nice as it was to be back "home," it's even better to be back HOME! Who knew a tiny island 5000+ miles away from all the things we love (you know, stores, restaurants, oh, and family and friends!) could become the place where we're happy, even after such a short period of time!?! But it IS home (at least for now!), and we're happy to be back!

More to follow soon... I promise!
Becca

2 comments:

Zach and Beth said...

We're happy you're home too! We missed you!

Jana M. said...

Glad you had a good trip. I'm so jealous you got to shop!!! *grin*