Sunday, August 12, 2007

More from Man Camp


Another day at man camp. After I posted yesterday we ended up getting launched on a case down near Seward, AK. After a quick search we were cleared to do some sight seeing. What a beautiful day to do that. We flew up the valley from Seward to Portage and then through to Whittier. This is the major/only way to drive from Anchorage down to these areas of Alaska. We had driven this route when we drove to Homer on the way up here. It was amazing see this route from the air, especially since it was actually sunny yesterday, unlike the day we drove it.
These pictures of the glaicers and the valleys are amazing in the picutres, but these don't even do them justice. Seeing them in person is unbelieveable. The best part is that there are people paying mucho $ to do what we get to do. I definitly can't complain.

While we were flying, we even ran into a moose that was trying to cool himself off. Unlike those in the lower 48 that are trying to cool from the 90+ temps, this moose was trying to cool off from the high 60s. The picture doesn't give the best view, but I thought I would include it anyways.

Well today we are probably going to go hiking. Hopefully we'll see a bear that I can actually get a picture of. I almost got a picture of a black bear swimming yesterday, but by the time we got the car stopped he was out of the water and on his way. I'll also try to get some more pictures of where we are staying.
Hope everyone is doing well. Stay tuned for more pictures and adventures from man camp.
Jason

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jason. Glad to hear that you, Becca and Fred are settling in. If Fred needs to be walked, feel free to "chopper" on down so I can walk him, maybe around some snow :-) It's been hot and humid here!!!!!!! Thanks for the postings; I check in frequently to see how you guys are doing.

Vicki

Anonymous said...

Hey Jason, I'm happy to see you're working so very hard. It must be really hard to cruise around one of the most beautiful places on the planet in a helicoptor. I hope you absorb/enjoy all that you can. What an opportunity.

Marge said...

Jason and Becka I'm not sure if this coming on the comment twice as you see Nana and I are new to this so your our exsperiment (remember I can't spell)
We loved reading your blog and the pictures are just breath taking, Fred is so good looking!
We love you and hope to see more about your new home and surroundings. Love Marge and Nana