Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Busy week so far!

We've been a little derelict in our duties as far as keeping up to date on the blog, but I think we have a good excuse, really!


This past weekend, we painted the kitchen, and, using our holiday time today, we painted the living room! We're trying to get as much of the painting done as we can before our stuff gets here. (I'm trying really hard to look at the positive side of the fact that our furniture still consists of only 2 camp chairs, a TV and an air mattress!)

Besides painting, we've been getting out and seeing a lot of the area, trying to find the good hiking/walking spots to keep Fred happy! Last weekend, we hiked "Old Woman" which is one of the mountains around here. It was a good hike, and took us a little over 2 hours to get up and down, including stops for pictures. Fred enjoyed the snow pile we came across (yes, snow in June), and we enjoyed the views.



Here is the part where I had every intention of posting a couple pictures from two of our hikes, but the internet and/or my computer is acting up right now, so I can't seem to upload a picture at all. Hopefully that will change tomorrow, and I can get a few pics up.



Meanwhile, the other thing that's kept us busy is work. Jason finally checked into work on Monday, and is already scheduled for his first duty day and his first deployment. Of course, he still hasn't flown since the middle of May, so they may change their minds on that! I've been busy getting up to speed on my new job, and had my official Change of Command yesterday morning. So I'm now the Commanding Officer of the North Pacific Regional Fisheries Training Center, which is VERY exciting to me!!!! Again, here is where I would post a picture from the ceremony, but I can't!

I made the front page of the Kodiak Daily Mirror, though, so, at least until the next edition of the paper comes out, you can check out the article here: http://www.kodiakdailymirror.com/?pid=19&id=4932. And, before anyone gets too excited, the whole paper is only 13 pages, so we're not talking major news here! But it's still pretty cool anyway!

So, as I said, I'll try to get some pictures up as soon as possible. Hopefully the computer will cooperate later! That's all for now!!!!

No comments: