Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Stop Growing Up!!!

Not only are there teeth in the baby's mouth, but she's just picking up on all other new skills, too. She's still only rolling from her belly to her back - mostly because she HATES being on her belly and that's her way off of it - but today she decided sitting up might be fun, too. What the heck?! She has GOT to stop growing up. I mean, seriously.


Yesterday, we sat her up and she lasted about five seconds. We were pretty impressed, but it only happened once and we couldn't get her to do it again. Then today when I went to feed her at lunchtime at daycare, I tried again and she lasted a little longer, even managing to keep herself upright when she started to wobble.

And then, the next thing you know, I sat her up tonight to show her new skill to Jason, and she just stayed there! Eventually she toppled over (yay for soft carpet!), but we kept sitting her back up again and she was hanging out. She even did really well balancing and catching herself when she needed to. I can't believe she's old enough to be sitting already! I have no idea how the last (almost) six months have gone by so quickly!

I mean, LOOK at that! She's just sitting there, waving... well, maybe flailing, but whatever. The point is, she's SITTING with nothing around her. How did this happen?!

Of course, she's only so good at it.... what goes up, must come down, right?


Is it me, or does it look like she's saying, "Enough with the camera, Ma. Just get me off my belly!"

Add to all of this the fact that she's turning into a major chowhound on the solid food front, and it's like we have an actual little person on our hands! Crazy!!!

I have two great videos to upload, but I tried to get both of them up tonight and even though they weren't that long, they were taking forEVER to process, so I'm going to have to try again when I'm not trying to finally get to bed at a decent hour. Technology is fabulous, isn't it?

Sigh. Why do they grow so fast?

1 comment:

Mom(Mary)(Grandma) said...

You always hear about how fast they grow up but until you experience that flash of time you can't believe it. Love the pictures and miss you all.