Sunday, March 1, 2009

Green's a GIRL!!!!!!!!

Maybe I just used one too many exclamation points considering the fact that I kept telling everyone I really didn't care whether we were having a boy or a girl. Hmmm, maybe I really did care after all!


I was so totally and completely convinced that this baby was a boy. I had no other reason for believing that other than the fact that I have had a girl's name picked out for longer than I care to admit (luckily Jason agrees with it), and we have spent the last 20 weeks trying to come up with any boy names at all. So I figured we'd end up with a boy just based on the fact that we'd be driving home from the hospital, post-delivery, still trying to come up with a name!


Imagine my surprise when, about an hour or so into the ultrasound last Wednesday, the tech declared the baby is a girl, at least in the 90+ percent accuracy range. Her actual words were, "If it IS a boy, he's doing a really good job hiding his parts." My next words were, "Alright, Jason, I'll buy you lunch." Why would I say that? Because, as convinced as I was that the baby was a boy, Jason was equally sure Green's middle name would be Pink. He was right and he got a lovely Japanese food lunch out of the deal!

As far as we know, everything else looked good at the ultrasound, too (the hospital didn't send the results over to the doctor in time for our appointment on Friday). She still has all her arms and legs, is measuring just about right on, and, eventually, the tech was able to get all the pictures she needed to get. Little Miss Green was as squirmy as ever (she was moving all over at our 11 week one, and regularly kicks the doppler monitor at regular visits when the doctor listens to her heartbeat), and made it more than a little difficult for the tech to get all the measurements. We heard a lot of "Ok then... we'll come back to that one again" as the appointment went on. She was being especially stubborn about letting us know her gender, daintily keeping her legs crossed at the ankle to prevent any peeks. Her daddy is happy about that already!

So, without further ado, here are Miss Green Pink's latest pictures!


So, do you think that nose is small? Maybe not hooked and Italian looking like mine?? Have I mentioned yet that we're hoping for Jason's nose and my ears, and not the other way around?


She kept her chin firmly tucked into her chest for a good part of the scan. She make look all cute and peaceful here, but I can assure you that she was kicking and punching the whole time.

Finally, this one is my favorite. This was after I got up and moved around a little, and we were finally able to tell she was a girl. She got a little more active and started moving around a TON. See those two bright white lines directly over her head? Yeah, that's her leg. She slid down and kicked her legs up over her head for a few minutes. We had a good laugh watching that, and luckily the tech was able to grab a picture. Apparently we have a gymnast on our hands!

There she is... Miss Green Pink! And before anyone asks... we will NOT be sharing her name until she's born. Since we couldn't manage to wait til 12 weeks to share the pregnancy, nor could we keep the gender from anyone (including ourselves), this will be the one surprise we'll have after she's born.

Stay tuned for the next installment of Bump Watch 2009 - coming sometime this week if I get around to it!

4 comments:

C Anderson said...

Congrats, my darlings!

The Roaming Bilderbacks said...

Congrats!

A friend of mine just had a baby girl in Jan. and was showing her 3-d ultrasound pics, one which the baby's nose looked rather... clownish. She made the tech promise her it wouldn't really look like that when she was born. hehe. And, it didn't!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations.. Girls are so precious... and you look just great...Glad to hear you both had a great time on your vaction..Love Ya....Mr & Mrs. A...

Marci said...

Aww! Becca, I thought I wanted all boys and when the tech told us L was a girl, I cried instantly! Congrats!