Monday, February 9, 2009

Has it been that long?

I honestly didn't realize until I logged in tonight that it's been so long since I last posted anything. I'm going to blame Jason on this one since he said he'd update with his exciting deployment out to St. Paul. So, if he'd done that when he got home, about a week and a half ago, I'd only really be another week and a half behind. Oh well...


I have to make this quick since it's getting late and I've been running around all night trying to get my stuff together to get out of here tomorrow. We're definitely looking forward to our trip, and bumped the start up a day to try to stay ahead of the pesky volcano that's been threatening eruption for a couple weeks now. Mt. Redoubt is up on the mainland, not too far away from Anchorage, and could seriously hamper air travel if it actually blows. So we've been watching it diligently for the past week+ just hoping it wouldn't come between us and vacation. If we can get as far as Seattle tomorrow, we're good to go!

I don't really have much to say this week.... we've just been chugging along with work, school for Jason (he started another class about 3 weeks ago), class for me (I'm taking EFM through church), walks for Fred, and enjoying the sunshine when we can. We did have a minor glitch a couple weeks ago when a cyst on Fred's tail decided to get infected and scare the crap out of me (while Jason was gone, of course). A few hundred dollars later, and the cyst is gone, the stitches are out, and you'd never know there was anything wrong with him!

Speaking of enjoying the sunshine, we got out for a great hike at Ft. Abercrombie yesterday afternoon. It was only about 20-ish degrees, but the sun felt great and we got the chance to walk across Lake Gertrude, following the cross-country skiers who showed us the lake was, in fact, frozen under all the snow. Even though I hauled my camera around, there wasn't much to take pictures of, except, of course, my favorite subject: Fred.

I also let Jason take a picture of me... I had to show off one of my best Christmas presents! (A hint: it's on my head....)


I did manage to get a few neat shots of the trail, too. Sometimes we have to remind ourselves that they're paying us to live here. Kodiak in the summer, when everything is lush and green, is probably the best way to see Kodiak. But, Kodiak in the winter, on a sunny day with fresh, crisp, white snow, is a very close second.



And, of course, beyond the outdoor scenery, is the indoor scenery that probably no one but my mom wants to see... so.....

BUMP WATCH 2009

This was taken last Friday, at 17 weeks, 3 days. I'll hit 18 weeks tomorrow!! I have to say that, looking at this picture sort of surprised me! I had no idea that I was actually looking that pregnant. Huh. Go figure... must be a kid in there or something!

That's the news from here! Hope everyone's doing well!
Becca

3 comments:

Lisa F said...

Such a cute baby bump! Thanks for the pictures of Kodiak - makes me want to come back!!!! Have fun on your trip!

Anonymous said...

You look GREAT...I am working on baby things for you ... Also.. Surprise... LORI is expecting 8/26/09..Talk to you soon..Love Ya..Mr. & Mrs. A (Conn)

Melissa said...

Hey you made it out in plenty of time! Hopefully you can make it back home. Fun to see you guys on our walk the other day. We had to work hard to keep the kids ahead of you otherwise you might have passed us up!