Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Proof!


... That is, the proof that the sun CAN make an appearance in Kodiak!


Jason and I had an awesome hour-long hike/walk/photo session out at Ft. Abercrombie today. The sun was out, it didn't even sprinkle on us the whole time we were out there, and I got a renewed love for my Kodiak home. At one point on the walk, as we were overlooking a cliff and watching the waves crash against the rocks, I said to Jason, "This is the part that makes Kodiak not suck at all!" And I meant it.


It's amazing what a little sun can do for you! Unfortunately, there's rain the forecast again for tomorrow (and maybe a few days after that), but this was a very welcome break today!


Without futher ado, the proof!


Fred also enjoyed the sun... and a nice off-leash fetch session. Here he is, running after the stick Jason had just tossed!


To the untrained eye, this might just be a weed. To a person who is hoping for a real spring more than anything else in the world, it's the most beautiful flower ever. Oh, and a bug, too!
And, finally, just a shot that I thought came out pretty well... the sun was streaming through the trees, like a spotlight on this newly fallen pair of trees. No, those were not like that earlier in the winter! I'm guessing the wind storm we had a few weeks back may have had something to do with where they are now.... but it looks neat!

So there's the proof of a beautiful day in Kodiak! It was still chilly - only 47 or so while we were walking - but I can handle chilly if the sun is shining and the sky is blue!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Watch out for those sunny days. They'll make you fall in love all over again with Kodiak. And you'll forget all about the month-long rains.

The Little Wife said...

I cannot fathom having to deal with that crazy weather up there. This NE weather is nuts enough, as you know. I would love to go to AK, but DH keeps reminding me of the weather. LOL